edTPA for New York State
edTPA is a student-centered multiple measure assessment of teaching. It is designed to be educative and predicting of effective teaching and student learning. Stanford University faculty and staff at Stanford Center for Assessment, Learning, and Equity (SCALE) developed edTPA. They received substantive advice and feedback from teachers and teacher educators.
About edTPA in New York State
- April 29, 2014, Statement from Commissioner King Regarding the edTPA Teacher Certification Exam
- November 25, 2013, Memo to Deans—edTPA Use of Materials
- November 22, 2013, Commissioner King Announces Scores Needed to Pass New edTPA Exam
- March 23, 2012, Letter from Commissioner John B. King, Jr.
- March 12, 2012, Policy memo from John L. D'Agati to the Regents Committee on Higher Education
Resources for Candidates
Find candidate resources and program updates.
Resources for Faculty and Institutions
Find links and resources for faculty and institutions, program updates, and edTPA newsletters and presentations.
Pearson, P.O. Box 226, Amherst, MA 01004