NYSTCE School Leadership Assessments
Registration and Testing Information
The NYSTCE School Leadership Assessments address New York Education Law and Commissioner's Regulations, which require prospective New York State educational leaders to pass designated tests as a requirement for receiving state certification.
About Computer-Based Testing
The School Leadership Assessments are administered on computer only. Computer-based testing (CBT) is available during at least five testing windows annually at Pearson Professional Centers nationwide.
Before registering, you may check real-time seat availability and review test center locations.
- Check seat availability at www.pearsonvue.com/es/sa/.
- Locate a test center at www.pearsonvue.com/es/locate/.
Registration. Refer to the current SLA registration bulletin for complete registration and testing information.
- Registration is by Internet only; select "Register Now" on the NYSTCE website.
- Appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis and seating is limited.
- You may register to take both parts of an assessment in an all-day two-test session or in two separately scheduled one-test sessions.
- Registration for the original (2008) School Leadership Assessments costs $195 for one part and $390 for both parts.
- Registration for the revised (Sept. 2013) School Building Leader assessment costs $237 for one part and $474 for both parts.
- After registering, you will receive an Authorization to Test that allows you to schedule your test appointment.
Score reporting. Scores will be available on the score report date for each testing window (see "Test Schedule").
Registration Bulletin and Forms
The 2013–2014 NYSTCE School Leadership Assessments Registration Bulletin and forms are provided below in PDF format.
- School Leadership Assessments Registration Bulletin
- School Leadership Assessments Registration Information Flyer
- New Testing Requirements
School Leadership Assessments Forms
Pearson, P.O. Box 226, Amherst, MA 01004