NYSTCE Practice Tests
Online practice tests are available for the following NYSTCE test fields:
- Liberal Arts and Sciences Test (LAST)
- Elementary Assessment of Teaching Skills—Written (ATS–W)
- Secondary Assessment of Teaching Skills—Written (ATS–W)
- Multi-Subject Content Specialty Test (CST)
Note: Do not purchase this practice test if you are not seeking initial certification as a multi-subject educator (birth–grade 9). At this time, there are no practice tests available for other CSTs (e.g., Biology, French).
- Assessment of Teaching Assistant Skills (ATAS)
These practice tests are designed to simulate the experience of taking a full-length NYSTCE test. As official NYSTCE test preparation materials, all components of the NYSTCE practice tests, including test questions, constructed-response assignments, and test directions, are similar to those that appear on actual NYSTCE test forms.
Each Practice Test Includes:
- Access from any computer connected to the Internet
- Full-length test simulation
- Immediate feedback on your performance for the multiple-choice questions
- Sample written responses for the constructed-response assignments
- A realistic online experience similar to an actual computer-based testing environment
The fee for each online practice test is $29.95.
How Do I Take an Online Practice Test?
- Visit the NYSTCE Practice Tests page. A free sample practice test is available for review before purchasing a test.
- Purchase the practice test of your choice by following the instructions. You may also purchase practice tests for others to access.
- Take the practice test at your convenience. You may do so immediately after purchasing the test, or return to the NYSTCE Practice Tests page at a later time to take the test.
After you have purchased a practice test, you will have 30 days to access and complete it.
While you are testing, you may pause the test and return to it later if you wish; you do not have to finish the test in a single session. Once completed, the practice test is scored, offering instant results. The immediate score reporting includes results to the multiple-choice questions at the subarea and objective levels, and enables you to review each test question along with the correct response.
Practice tests with a written assignment also include samples of higher and lower scoring responses to the assignment. You can compare your response to the sample responses to gauge your performance.
The practice tests have been made available based on candidate request. Candidates who want additional practice beyond the sample items in the preparation guides may wish to purchase a practice test
Evaluation Systems, Pearson, P.O. Box 226, Amherst, MA 01004