NYSTCE Practice Tests
Online practice tests are available for some NYSTCE test fields. These practice tests are designed to simulate the experience of taking a full-length NYSTCE test. As official NYSTCE test preparation materials, all components of the NYSTCE practice tests, including test questions, constructed-response assignments, and test directions, are similar to those that appear on actual NYSTCE test forms.
Institutions: Order practice test vouchers for your candidates
Each practice test offers:
- Access from any computer connected to the Internet
- Full-length test simulation
- Immediate feedback on your performance for the multiple-choice questions
- Sample written responses for the constructed-response assignments
- A realistic online experience similar to an actual computer-based testing environment
View a sample practice test.
The fee for each online practice test is $29.95.
Purchasing and accessing your practice test
- Visit the NYSTCE Practice Tests page. A free sample practice test is available for review before purchasing a test.
- Purchase the practice test of your choice by following the instructions. You may also purchase practice tests for others to access.
- Take the practice test at your convenience. You may do so immediately after purchasing the test, or return to the NYSTCE Practice Tests page at a later time to take the test.
Taking the practice test
You will have 30 days to access your practice test, beginning on the date of activation.
Each practice test includes field-specific directions similar to those that will be presented in the actual test. Practice test questions may include graphics, audio materials, and writing assignments, as appropriate. There is currently only one version of each practice test.
While you are testing, you may pause the test and return to it later if you wish; you do not have to finish the test in a single session.
Your practice test can be submitted for scoring only once, but it will be available for your review until the end of your subscription period (30 days). After you submit your practice test for scoring, you will receive immediate results showing your objective- or competency-level performance on multiple-choice questions.
Practice tests with a written assignment also include a sample response(s) to the assignment. You can compare your response to the sample response(s) to gauge your performance.
The practice tests have been made available based on candidate request. Candidates who want additional practice beyond the sample items in the preparation/study guides may wish to purchase a practice test.
Pearson, P.O. Box 226, Amherst, MA 01004