NYSTCE Computer-Based Testing Tutorials
These tutorials can give you a sense of what you will see when you begin your test at a Pearson Professional Center.
CBT Test Features
Review NYSTCE CBT test features to see features designed to help you navigate through your computer-based test.
Preview the on-screen tutorial you'll see before you begin your test. Includes information about how to navigate through a test, select your answers, and end the test.
Downloadable Interactive CBT Tutorial
This tutorial demonstrates how to navigate through the test, how to indicate answers, and how to use the features of a computer-based test. You will have opportunities to try out typing in an essay box, using the on-screen calculator, and entering special characters.
Note: This tutorial must be downloaded to a PC-compatible computer.
Downloading the Interactive Tutorial
- Click the following link and select "Save" in the pop-up dialog box:
- Choose a location to save the file. This is the installation file that will enable you to download and save the tutorial.
The download process takes approximately 2 minutes, depending on the connection speed.
- When the download is complete, navigate to the location where you've chosen to save the file, and double-click on the zip file to open it.
- Inside the zip file, you will see "Evaluation Systems Tutorial.msi". Double-click to open, and select "Run" in the pop-up dialog box to run the installer.
- You will now see a "wizard" that will walk you through the process of installing the tutorial.
- When the wizard is complete, you will see the following icon on your desktop, which you can double-click to access the tutorial:
On-Screen Calculator Preview
An on-screen scientific calculator is available for candidates taking Chemistry (007), Physics (009), and School District Business Leader Part Two (106).
The Physics (009) CST and Technology Education (077) CST allow you to handwrite or draw written responses, and then scan them into the computer using a scanner provided at your workstation. Click the links below to review the scanning process.
- Scanning Instructions - These instructions will also be available during testing.
- Hand-draw tutorial video
For information on which tests use the hand-draw feature, see "Test Selection."
Pearson, P.O. Box 226, Amherst, MA 01004